Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bacon Truffles


I have something a bit different today – dog treats.

truffle dough


Yes, I bake for my dog. I cook for her, too. She’s fighting cancer and absolutely deserves to be spoiled.  Unlike most beagles, my girl is a very picky eater – probably a result of the chemo.  When I do find something she likes, I make it frequently.

final touch before heading to the oven


Bacon truffles are one of her favorites.  I found the recipe a few years ago in Everyday with Rachael Ray.  Don’t you just love Rachael? The recipe makes an enormous amount of treats (about two pounds), so I always share with the Pet Rescue dogs or my friends’ dogs.



bacon truffles - yes, I made the jar myself





If I don’t have beef broth, I’ll substitute chicken or even vegetable broth.  So far, I’ve had no complaints.  Aside from that, I stick to the original recipe (here’s the link).









about 5 seconds before I ask if she wants a truffle
 
She sees the treat and races to me with ears flying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest