Sunday, August 4, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes

 



Okay, so jumping back into life as usual has been a bit hit or miss.  Guess the point is just to keep on trying.  In that spirit, I'm really, really going to try to get (and keep) myself back into Sugared Sam mode.

Figured I'd start with something nice and simple.





These cute little liners inspired me and I found the perfect doctored cake mix recipe on Bird on a Cake.  

Dump, mix, fill, bake.  I can handle that.



I added the zest of an orange to vanilla buttercream and dyed half of the frosting orange.  Then I filled one frosting bag with white and one with orange and put both bags inside another to create a swirled pattern.


For an extra touch (and because I'm terribly clever), I cut the tips off toothpicks and inserted them in orange Mike and Ike candies to create little creamsicle toppers.



 
Voila!




3 comments:

  1. Cute!! Wish I could eat one of these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and FUN! You go, woman. Dump, fill and bake, one day at a time and then drop everything off at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You are so creative and FUN! Love your captions and photos. You go, woman. Dump, mix, fill, bake and blog one day at a time. Then drop samples off at my house!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest