Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pineapple Empanadas - Part 1

Well, I'm not exactly setting my kitchen on fire these days.  Hmm, bad turn of phrase.  Let's try this again.
 



This was a thoroughly unproductive weekend.  Last weekend I saw a great concert (thanks again, Mary Beth, for a fun time!) and tried a new recipe to bring to the pre-concert picnic -- pineapple empanadas.  They were cute and tasty and relatively healthy, too.  Check out the recipe from Eating Well here.

In my head, I've played around with the recipe to make it my own.  Now I just need to get the rest of me working with my brain (not always an easy task).  In the meantime, we'll call this Part 1. 






rolling and cutting the dough
adding just a wee bit of pineapple filling


all ready to bake

 Look for Part 2 coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest