Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dark Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 


Today I whipped up a batch of dark chocolate sugar cookies.  I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Sweetapolita.  Rosie's creations are always delicious and beautiful.  You can find the recipe here.

 




Following the instructions on Sweetapolita, I rolled out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.  To keep the paper from slipping, I placed a Silpat liner underneath.  The quarter-inch wooden dowels helped me roll the dough to the perfect thickness.


Cutting the cookies.

 

I outlined the cooled cookies with royal icing.


Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Love your chocolate sugar cookie shamrocks.
    I always roll my cookies using this same method. Tried using the rubber rings on my rolling pin and just never got as comfortable with them as I am with my dowels and parchment paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest