Monday, November 21, 2011

Moon Cake


So, I’m halfway through Operation Four Cakes in 11 Days While Working Full Time and Traveling for Thanksgiving. My house is a disaster area. 

By that I don’t mean it’s more than a little messy, with dirty dishes in the sink and unfolded laundry on the sofa.

What I mean is that I’m seriously considering grabbing my dog and my computer and moving. Every dog-safe area is overflowing with stuff – cook books, junk mail, clothes, crafts projects, gifts, and on and on and on.

I may not be graceful (or even slightly coordinated), but I sure am an impressive stacker.  There’s only been one minor avalanche so far.  Yeah me.

Anyway . . . here’s the cake I made for my niece this weekend. As usual, she blew me away with her talent - and comedic timing.  The play was hysterical.

I cut out building shapes from black fondant and let them dry.

I used blue fondant for the night sky.

To add some depth, I painted the sky with purple and black food coloring and threw in some silver stars. 

Since the play took place in a theater, I added a curtain.

And of course, I couldn’t forget the moon.

1 comment:

  1. Four cakes in eleven days is a huge project to tackle! Your niece must have been so happy with this wonderful Moon Over Buffalo cake! What a thoughtful thing to have done for her.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest