Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate Muffins

Yes, it’s a million degrees outside (I have a special thermometer) and yes, it’s been a long week and I’m tired, but that little voice in my head still called, “bake something.” 

I searched the Internet and found a site called Cacaoweb.  Suddenly, I was feeling a little more energetic.

going into the oven
The chocolate muffin recipe looked quick and easy, so I tweaked it a bit and headed to the kitchen. This will be a perfect Friday morning treat for my coworkers.

awaiting the final touch
The recipe called for a 350°F oven, which I followed, but the muffins didn’t puff up as much as I would have liked.  I’d suggest baking the muffins in a 400°F oven. To make the muffins a little special, I added a drizzle of vanilla glaze and a freeze dried strawberry.


Chocolate Muffins (adapted from Cacaoweb)

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
7 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 c milk

2/3 c butter, melted
2/3 c mini chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 400°F and line 12-14 muffin cups.

Beat the eggs and sugar together.  Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and milk. Mix until incorporated. Slowly stir in melted butter, then chocolate chips.

Bake about 15 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.

Enjoy!

can't wait for breakfast!

4 comments:

  1. They look divine! Okay...I've decided...we need to find Dave a full time, permanent job which will bring us closer to you. Can you imagine the damage, i mean impact ;-), we could do in the crafting and baking worlds???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish! You put my breakfast to shame. Can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's make sure Dave's job can support all of us, as well as our baking, knitting, sewing, pottery, etc. addictions, so we can play full time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Liz! I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest