Monday, April 30, 2012

Daring Bakers' Challenge April 2012 - Armenian Nazook and Nutmeg Cake

The Daring Bakers’ April 2012 challenge, hosted by Jason at Daily Candor, were two Armenian standards: nazook and nutmeg cake. Nazook is a layered yeasted dough pastry with a sweet filling, and nutmeg cake is a fragrant, nutty coffee-style cake. 

Ack!  I lost track of time, so this Daring Bakers' Challenge is a little overdue.  We'll call this better late than never.  I finished a tasty batch of nazook and can't wait to play around with different fillings.  Since this was my first attempt with a new dessert, however, I stuck with the recipe Jason provided - with just one twist. I added the seeds of half a vanilla bean to the filling.

rolled out the dough

sprinkled the filling









rolled up tight
ready to pop in the oven


YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest