Monday, July 23, 2012

S'more Treats


So, between fighting off that pesky, determined flu and enduring this crazy, miserable heat, I’m afraid I’m about a quart low on brain cells. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m perfectly functional and at times there are the usual flashes of brilliance.  Still, I’ve found it best to keep things simple this month.  This recipe fits the bill perfectly.

Maybe next week I’ll challenge my culinary muscles.



S’more Treats

4 c puffed rice cereal
2 c graham crackers,
    broken into bite-sized pieces
½ c butter
10.5 oz bag mini marshmallows
1 c chocolate chips
2 Hershey bars, for decoration



Grease a 9 x 13 pan.  Combine cereal and graham crackers in a large bowl.

Melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat, then pour over cereal and mix thoroughly.  Stir in chocolate chips (I used mini semi sweet chips, but feel free to use milk chocolate if you’re a s’mores purist). 

 
 



Press mixture into the prepared pan.  If desired, top treats with pieces of a Hershey bar.  The chocolate will melt ever so slightly.  When cool, cut into squares and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest