Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Bacon Biscuits


Well, it’s mid-February and my chronic Valentine’s Day Reflex (VDR) is kicking in again.  In case you’re unfamiliar with the term (because I just made it up), VDR is the unconscious rolling of one’s eyes and biting of one’s tongue to prevent a stream of sarcastic comments from spilling out when Valentine’s Day is mentioned.  What can I say?  I’ve never been a fan of Cupid.

However, like most rules, this one has an exception.  Three years ago, I brought home my beagle Maisy.

When the adoption date was set for February 14, I knew my life would change.  Not only would I gain a family member, but I’d also find a reason to be a little (let’s not get crazy) more Valentine’s Day tolerant.

Red roses still make me sneeze and sappy cards still make me feel uncomfortable, but after a bout of VDR, I’m quick to smile and think of my Miracle Mai.  It’s been an intense three years, but against all odds my spunky girl continues to fight cancer and charm (or at least overwhelm with enthusiasm) everyone she meets.  Thanks, Maisy.  And thanks Pet Rescue of Maryland and Pikesville Animal Hospital – you’re the reason we’re celebrating today.




I was so busy making Mai’s treats I forgot to take pictures of the process.  It’s a quick and easy recipe, though.  I just followed the directions on Bullwrinkle.com (gotta love the name) and added five strips of crumbled bacon.  The biscuits have been a BIG hit. 










Look at those ears!


 





1 comment:

  1. Happy 3rd Anniversary to you and Maisy! She's a lucky little girl. My Max (lab/retriever) rescue dog would love these treats so thank you for the link to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest